Tuesday 31 August 2010

My first glimpse

I have just been e-mailed the first set of proofs of the new book. This is the first opportunity I have had to see what it will look like. It's both exciting and quite incredible as the book is being produced in America and I have never met the editor, art director or anybody else working on it face to face. Indeed, I have not even spoken to anyone on the telephone. Everything has been conducted by e-mail.
If you're one of the internet generation who take it all in their stride, who laugh at us "internet immigrants" and our inability to instantly pick up and understand how the latest gadget works you will see no "magic" in this at all. Ancient, wizened cake bakers like myself however, stand in our kitchens, flour down our front and marvel at how all this has become possible.
I think it' looks great and my neice has already decided which one she wants for her birthday next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment